1/4c raw sugar
2T sweetened condensed milk
few drops of vanilla essence
1 1/2c wholewheat flour
1t baking powder
1/4c chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F, fan bake mode.
Cream butter and sugar, condensed milk and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
Add the wholewheat flour and baking powder.
Add the chocolate chips. Mix well.
Make into tablepoonful balls.
Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
Flatten each biscuit with a wet fork.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Place on a metal rack to cool.
Store in a sealed container out of sight otherwise they will disappear quickly.
The biscuits will be crisp and if they are light brown on the edges even better.
This recipe is a modified version from the Edmond’s Cookery Book 34th edition, p41.
I replaced white granulated sugar with raw and replaced plain flour with wholewheat flour to make it healthier. 🙂 I also reduced the cooking time.
- If the butter is hard, place it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften it.
- Run the tablespoon under a hot tap before you add the condensed milk.
- If the mixture is seems too dry add a tiny bit of water.
- Place a cup with water next to the tray so you can dip the fork into it to make the fork marks on the biscuits easily.
- Double the mixture and either make two batches or roll half of the uncooked mixture into a log, wrap and freeze. Next time you want something sweet to eat the hard work is already done.